ddclient in systemd

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 03:24:27 UTC 2011

> As I say, that's basically the pre-systemd recipe, which may well work.
> I was hoping for something more aligned with F15, but it's not a big
> deal.

This was never the goal for Fedora 15.   There are dozens and dozens of
packages with init scripts.  Only a small amount has been converted as
noted in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Systemd.   Since systemd is
backward compatible (along with hooks into service and chkconfig
commands)  with init scripts,  there isn't a requirement to change
everything in single step.    One of the Fedora 16 efforts is to convert
rest of the packages to use native systemd unit files.  Follow progress at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SysVtoSystemd

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Johannbg/QA/Systemd/compatability

Rahul