R: Re: Cannot Connect to Network since update NetworkManager

antonio.montagnani at alice.it antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Wed Jun 1 07:39:53 UTC 2011

9.32

Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com>

>> Jingtao writes:
>>
>>  Hello,

>>>      I use yum update -y today, and it update NetworkManager,when I reboot

>>> my Fedora 15,I can't connect to Network.
>>>      I open gnome-terminal,
press these:

>>>   su
>>>   /etc/init.d/NetworkManager start

it shows cannot start it.

>>>     When I insert my install CD,and reinstall
the old NetworkManager,I can
>>> start NetworkManager,and can connect to
Network,so what can I do,waiting for
>>> next update?
>>>

>> Is this
wireless, and did you upgrade from F14?

>No, I upgrade from F15 Beta. And
I can't start NetworkManager Server,Not
>only wireless,means I can't see the
icon in the top of panel,and I can't
>start it.
>

>> Remove your existing
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-Auto_SSID files,
>> and reenter your AP
passwords. NetworkManager now puts more stuff in them.
>> If you upgrade from
F14 and the new stuff isn't there, NetworkManager craps
>> out with a backtrace
in /var/log/messages, either right away, or at some
>> random point in the
future.

>> Also, if you upgraded from F14, you'll need to run "chkconfig
rsyslog on"
>> and "service rsyslog start" to actually have something logging
into
>> /var/log/messages. rsyslog rpm's scriptlet is broken and won't enable

>> rsyslog in systemd, when updating from F14.
>>

>> --
>> users mailing
list
>> users at lists.fedoraproject.org
>>

>--

if you upgrade to latest NetworkManage in koijr, everything is o.
k....It has not yet pushed to updates (nor to updates-testing)