libreoffice and NFS

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Jun 1 11:40:15 UTC 2011

On 06/01/2011 07:35 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Yes, it collected the spreadsheet data from the server doing that.
> >

> >           # file locking now enabled by default
> >           # SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1
> >           # export SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING
> >
> >       Line was commented out as above also.

Ah Ha!

I see why it didn't work for you earlier....  You commented out *both*
lines.  Only the first line "SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1" should have been
commented out.

I went through that iteration too....  I should have made sure of
that...but things were a bit fuzzy while fighting that problem as I was
also fighting a flaky display panel on another system.