F15: Follow-mouse focus and hacks for GNOME shell?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 13:17:44 UTC 2011

On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 09:09:09 -0400
Genes MailLists wrote:

>   Perhaps a clear explanation of the roles of gconf vs dconf today and
> going forward would be helpful.

Yea, it is definitely confusing today. I ran dconf-editor to look for
the mouse focus settings I remembered from gconf-editor and they
were nowhere to be found (and dconf-editor doesn't have a Find...
button anywhere, which doesn't help).

But in gconf-editor, the same mouse setting was there and worked
the same way it did before (even though the setting is for metacity
which is no longer the window manager :-).