libreoffice and NFS

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Jun 1 18:12:06 UTC 2011

Bob Goodwin wrote:
> On 01/06/11 02:55, Ed Greshko wrote:

>>> Hi Ed,
>>> I do not run libreoffice, but I thought you
>>> might check the command in /usr/bin to
>>> see what args it is passing to the script
>>> that starts soffice.bin
>>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion.....  Somehow it has something to do with file
>> locking.
>>
>> I edited the /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice script to comment
>> out the line:
>>
>> SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1
>>
>> and it now works "properly".
>>
>> Will have to bugzilla it....
>>

>      I can't read text or spreadsheet data from NFS with Libreoffice.
>
>      Otherwise NFS is working normally and Libreoffice will work with the
>      same files copied to this computer.
>
>      I tried setting
>
>          SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1
>          SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=0
>

>      It does not help. There seems to be something else going on with
>      Libreoffice. This is F-15 32 on a 64 bit computer if that matters
>      other than that I am dealing with
>      "./usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice."

Lack of NFS capability is a problem. I use remote mounted spreadsheets quite a
bit. I also use sshfs mounted directories, will have to check if that works
differently than NFS. For that matter, the critical local stuff goes through
fuse mount and encfs, so I have to check that as well.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>