Gnome shell and NVidia binary drivers

Pasha R pashar.ml at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 07:53:09 UTC 2011

I'm running F15 on Dell Latitude D620 Laptop with NVidia NVS 110M
video card. So far I used it with nouveau drivers and while it ran
fairly well, I experienced sometimes glitches - screen becoming white
or otherwise unreadable. So, I tried to install NVidia drivers from
RPMFusion. After log in, gnome shell draws its top bar, but after that
it simply stops drawing anything on screen. If I launch terminal, I
can see that mouse pointer changes when it goes in and out of terminal
window, but window itself can not be seen.
After sometime it displays "sad terminal" icon with a message "Oh no!
Something has gone wrong. A problem has occurred and the system can't
recover. Please log out and try again".
Are NVidia drivers supported by Gnome 3?
Should I file bug for this? And if yes - to RedHat bugzilla or to Gnome?