bash command not found

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Thu Jun 2 11:35:41 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-02 at 11:43 +0200, Eric Tanguy wrote:
> I tried uninstall and reinstall PackageKit-command-not-found with the
> same result.
> Maybe a x86_64 problem ?
> Eric

Two observations:

- If Packagekit-command-not-found is active, the error message seems to
change from:

    bash: thunderbird: command not found

to:

    bash: thunderbird: command not found...

(Note the "...")

- If pk-c-n-f times out on fetching file list metadata, it seems to
silently stop trying to suggest packages. I've seen this on slow
connections and disconnected machines. IIRC, fetching recent metadata
(e.g., by using yum to find a file-level dependency) restores pk-c-n-f's
operation.

--
Chris