Four Tweaks for Gnome 3

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Thu Jun 2 18:57:28 UTC 2011

On 06/02/2011 02:10 AM, Digimer wrote:
> With that in mind, I'm quickly coming to like Gnome 3. It has wrinkles,
> but it is also a 3.0 release. I think it has a lot of promise, and I
> think people will come to like it as they get used to it. :)

My biggest problem with Gnome 3 is that things that I could do by moving
the mouse, and a single mouse click, now needs several moves and several
mouse clicks, this severely disrupts my work flow. At the moment I have
moved to Xfce (which I aesthetically does not like, but can be made to
work the way I am used to), but I will check to see if new extensions
etc. turns up that make Gnome 3 usable (for me).

Sadly the things mentioned in the links earlier in the thread does not
solve my issues fully.

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>