Four Tweaks for Gnome 3

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Thu Jun 2 19:57:04 UTC 2011

On 06/02/2011 03:22 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 06/02/2011 11:57 AM, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
>> My biggest problem with Gnome 3 is that things that I could do by moving
>> the mouse, and a single mouse click, now needs several moves and several
>> mouse clicks, this severely disrupts my work flow.
>
> Interesting.  Wasn't one of the big selling points about Gnome 3 the
> claim that it made your work flow easier?

As I've been retraining my fingers, I am finding the flow much faster. I
switched to an Ubuntu machine last night and found myself repeatedly
trying to do Gnome3~ish things, not being able to, and having to switch
between keyboard and mouse.

It is, I continue to feel, a matter of letting go of your old habits and
letting yourself try a new way of working. When you do, I think you find
that the Gnome3 folks are on to something. :)

Of course, opinions vary.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries."