Fedora 15 boot delays -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Jun 2 20:23:36 UTC 2011

On 02/06/11 14:40, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 02/06/11 19:30, Tom Horsley wrote:
>> On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 14:07:45 -0400
>> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>
>>> I guess what I'm looking for is advice, should I just turn up
>>> network manager again or keep hoping that a solution comes along?
>> Did you enable "network" when you disabled "NetworkManager"? I
>> run that way all the time, and see no funny delays (in fact,
>> as mind numbingly complex as systemd is, I still like it
>> for the boot speed it brings - I find I boot a lot faster
>> than I used to :-).

        Yes I did the appropriate network/manager enable and disables.

        I've enabled network manager again and disabled "network" and I
        have the NM icon back and Ethernet must be good since it's
        connecting to NFS.

        The boot is faster, 1 min. 24 sec's instead of 3+ minutes, but
        it stops a moment at cups scheduler and a lot longer "reloading
        sm-client," once that's done I get a log-in prompt.

        It's good enough the way it is now, not as good as before I
        messed with disabling network manager, but everything seems to
        be working well after boot.

        I have another computer to install F-15 on. When I get to that
        one I will know what not to do.

        Thanks.

        Bob
        .