Preupgrade fc14 to fc15 failed, kernel is not installed

GeeKer Wang wwthunan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 01:00:58 UTC 2011

Hello, Kevin

I can't enter my system now, however,  I check the upgraded system using
livecd.
After login in my system by chroot in livecd, by checking "rpm -qa |grep
fc15 ",  I am sure that many fc15 packages have installed.
And all the 3 steps you mentioned have passed, which takes a couple of
hours. So at least most fc15 packages have installed.

I just found a empty upgrade directory in /boot, and nothing related to fc15
there. I guess preupgrade must forget to install kernel.
So what I should do to rescue it is to upgrade/install kernel in chroot
environment. But I don't know how to upgrade  kernel with a kernel RPM file.
Any advice?

Bob