Not enough info, so no point

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 3 02:44:47 UTC 2011

On 05/31/2011 06:24 PM, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
> For my PC
>
> Fedora 15 update fails
>
> Fedora 15 install CD fails to boot
>
> Fedora 15 Live KDE fails to boot
>
> All fail to finish initialising hardware.
>
> smolt page :
> http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_4917245b-ea15-44b1-ae4d-788c70a5a3d9
>
> Result : I shall not be updating to Fedora 15 any time soon
>
> I provide this information reluctantly based on my previous experience
> posting to this community, which laughingly suggests it provides
> assistance, encouragement, and advice.

Well I've now tried to install Fedora 15 to a separate partition as follows:

1   Boot from a Fedora 14 installation disk

2   Change repositories config to point to Fedora 15

3   Run install

4   Anaconda fails after installing all RPMs

I've also configured the Fedora 14 so I can mount the Fedora 15 root LVM

Unfortunately I still seem to be getting an error as described earlier
for Fedora 15 Live KDE CD

Does anyone know how to change Fedora 15 to force it to use the vesa
graphics drivers? I suspect how it's done has changed for Fedora 15.