Four Tweaks for Gnome 3

sguazt marco.guazzone at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 07:48:03 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 11:53 PM, Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se> wrote:
> On 06/02/2011 10:52 PM, Ron Yorston wrote:
>> If you're quick you can be the first to download it!
>
> Downloaded :-)  Will go to bed now though, but will take a look
> tomorrow. Seem to solve some issues I have been having though.
>
> Lars

Hi,

In my opinion, one possible weak point of Gnome-shell (compared to
other WMs) is window switching.
For instance, suppose you have many windows of the same app in one workspace.
When you switch between these windows (e.g., with Alt-[Key above Tab])
you have no way to know the position of the window you are going to
select.
This situation happens frequently to me since I used to open 4
terminal windows (xterm) and place them near each other under the same
workspace:
  xterm1 | xterm2
  xterm3 | xterm4

It would be great if gnome-shell adds some visual indication of the
position of the window during window switching.

-- Marco