AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor runs only between 800-2700 Mhz

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 3 10:47:26 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-02 at 11:40 -0400, Alex wrote:
> How do you manually set the cpu speed? I've tried the cpuspeed
> program, but I'm not sure how to use it.

If it's the same cpuspeed that the old Gnome applet used to be an
interface for.  The default is for your CPU to idle along at its slowest
speed until it's asked to do a heavy workload, then the CPU speeds up.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.