Four Tweaks for Gnome 3

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Fri Jun 3 19:30:48 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 11:44:36AM -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
> Not quite.  The addon site is run by Mozilla itself, there's at least a

Only the site. The addons itself are made by various developers.

I said something like the addons site was being thought of. Just no
time, etc. So the site would be something like 'addons.gnome.org'.

[..]
> may be a bit unfair here, but I personally find it hard to imagine Gnome
> doing the same thing.  It's not that they're unwilling to help the
> community (If that were true, they wouldn't be working on Gnome in the
> first place, would they?) it's more that I don't think they'd feel any
> responsibility, preferring to leave the effort either to some third
> party or to the various distros.  Still, if there were a central site

It was already discussed. The only problem is manpower actually (making
such a site + designing how it should work, etc).

> for Gnome3 extensions that was worthy of trust, it would be a Good Thing.

Good! :-)

FWIW, I am a GNOME sysadmin (amonst other things).
--
Regards,
Olav