yum update error in fedora 15

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Sat Jun 4 17:33:26 UTC 2011

[Please reply to the list not to me directly]

On 06/04/2011 11:05 AM, sandeep Patel wrote:
> Hi,
>  I set proxy, proxy_username,proxy_password in the yum.conf file.My
> machine hostname is by default is localhost.localdomain.
> Can u please describe in more detail how i'll check host command in my
> shell:

  In your yum.conf you have a line
   proxy=xxx

  Within xxx is the host of your proxy.
  If you do NOT have this line that is your problem.
  If you do have the line - take that hostname (I'll call it HHH)- bring
up a terminal and type into the terminal:

   host HHH
 press Enter
 where you replace HHH with whatever host you used in the proxy= line.

  See if this returns an IP address - if not - thats your problem.