OpenOffice and Fedora

Miroslaw Baran miroslaw.baran at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 19:36:49 UTC 2011

On 4 June 2011 20:11, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 10:07, Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
> > Clearly this is a developing story, I just wanted to make the point that
> > having two projects may thin the resources and reduce the progress of
> > either. I'd like to believe that won't happen, but I suspect it will.
>

> After all, the small group of vocal anti-Oracle guys led by Novell´s
> Meeks reached their goal: killing the for-profit Staroffice commercial
> roduct based on OpenOffice.org code (which Oracle had renamed "Oracle
> Open Office" (notice the lack of ".org" in the name, which was still
> developed).

Oh, look, it's Oracle's Mr. Cassia with his FUD again!

Dear sir, this time it took much too long for you to react properly; please
make sure that you react faster, as it is proper and required from you.

[And please do work your story better; either Mr Meeks and his ghastly
Novell troops are puny and insignificant – and unable to develop any
software in a reasonable way OR they are so TERRIBLY COMPETENT, that even a
huge corporation like Oracle was not able to compete with them and had to
dissolve their brilliant troop of OpenOffice programmers; you can't really
have this both ways and sound credible, you know.]

Sincerely
Miroslaw Baran