install.img missing from Fedora-15-i386-DVD.iso

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 00:57:23 UTC 2011

On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 20:53:57 -0400
Mike Williams wrote:

> Where can I get an install.img for fedora 15?

It seems to be built into the initrd.img file now,
you can go back to doing installs with only the
iso file, vmlinux, and initrd.img (the way it worked
before they decided you had to have install.img).

> The installation guide looks similar to previous versions and it
> discusses install.img:
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/15/html/Installation_Guide/s1-steps-hd-installs-x86.html

If it really says you need one, sounds like it was just
cut&paste from previous releases and needs fixing.