Unable to microphone

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 03:33:11 UTC 2011

Hi,

Possibly you have an IRQ routing problem. As I have with my Azalia HDA
Intel card. All you need to do is make an alsa-base.conf file under
/etc/modprobe.d as root with the following single line:
 options snd-hda-intel position_fix=1

and save it.

After syster restarts, you'll have your mic. If not, then report to me back.

Cu,

Zoltan

2011/6/5 JD <jd1008 at gmail.com>:
> On 06/04/11 19:50, Michael Wiktowy wrote:
>> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 10:49 PM, JD<jd1008 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> On F14.
>>> Pulseaudio daemion is running.
>>> I can hear media playing.
>>> But I am unable to use microphone.
>>> i,e. no matter what app I use the mic
>>> with, (as in skype, or  gnome-sound-recorder
>>> or aurecord), my mic does not pick up my voice.
>>> I have a built-in and an external. Neither one
>>> is picking my voice.
>>> gnome-volume-control-applet shows me that
>>> I can select mic1 or mic2 as input.
>>> Neither one is working.
>>> I wonder if this is a pulseaudio issue?
>> Try installing pavucontrol. Click on the Input Devices tab. Unlock the
>> two sliders and move *one* to mute.
>>
>> Does that give you any capture volume?
>>
>> /Mike
> Did that. I experimented with sliding the left chanel all the way
> back, and tried to record. No sound. Only some white noice
> in the right speaker.
> Then I tried with sliding the right chanel all the way back.
> Still no sound from recording. White noise from left speaker.
> the gnome-sound-recorder has a level meter while recording.
> The level meter does not budge.
>

> --

PGP:  06853DF7