Unable to microphone

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 16:56:35 UTC 2011

On 06/04/2011 11:33 PM, Zoltan Hoppar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Possibly you have an IRQ routing problem. As I have with my Azalia HDA
> Intel card. All you need to do is make an alsa-base.conf file under
> /etc/modprobe.d as root with the following single line:
>   options snd-hda-intel position_fix=1
>
> and save it.
>
> After syster restarts, you'll have your mic. If not, then report to me back.
>
> Cu,
>
> Zoltan
>
> 2011/6/5 JD<jd1008 at gmail.com>:
>>> Try installing pavucontrol. Click on the Input Devices tab. Unlock the
>>> two sliders and move *one* to mute.
>>>
>>> Does that give you any capture volume?
>>>
>>> /Mike
>> Did that. I experimented with sliding the left chanel all the way
>> back, and tried to record. No sound. Only some white noice
>> in the right speaker.
>> Then I tried with sliding the right chanel all the way back.
>> Still no sound from recording. White noise from left speaker.
>> the gnome-sound-recorder has a level meter while recording.
>> The level meter does not budge.

Everyone:

I have /never/ been able to get F14 or any other flavor of Fedora to
recognize any microphone that I have used.

I tried it with a Dell Inspiron 2500. The built-in videocam worked, but
the mike? No joy.

Then I tried it on a mini-tower with a Plantronics USB stereo headset
with microphone. /Again/ no joy.

And just to be sure, I plugged it into another box that had Windows 7
installed. And there it worked. I used Skype and talked with someone for
an hour and a half.

So: /what is wrong with Fedora and microphones?/

Temlakos