Real benefits of RHEL over Fedora?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 00:55:01 UTC 2011

On 6/5/11 5:42 PM, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of building a mail server and considering CentOS,
> fedora, or RHEL. If I chose the RHEL option, I would probably choose
> the minimal support level.

Is this for a business or personal use?  If it is for business, go with
RHEL 6 or the latest version of CentOS.  Fedora, as great as it is,
continues to be a testing environment for RedHat.  If it is for
personal/home use, I would choose Fedora, if you like to run in a
testing environment and have access to the latest programs.  If you
don't like doing that, then I would go with CentOS.

James McKenzie