Android (Was Re: Fedora SOHO server)

Dave Ihnat dihnat at dminet.com
Mon Jun 6 04:37:27 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 05, 2011 at 11:27:48PM -0500, Javier Perez wrote:
> Sorry to hijack the thread, but is this possible?
> I was thinking of an android phone for some time, but my privacy fears kept
> me away. Specially after the Location Based Services fiasco (where Apple
> decided to drop it somehow but Google said they would keep on collecting
> that info).

Definitely.  I'll have to admit that I'm using a Windows VM running
CompanionLink and Palm Desktop right now, just because I needed a
quick'n'dirty fix.

My next step is to try CompanionLink under wine to JPilot--dunno if it's
compatible enough.  Eventually, I'm looking either for someone else to
write a native synch under Linux to something like SugarCRM, or I may
actually look at writing it.

Cheers,
--
	Dave Ihnat