Real benefits of RHEL over Fedora?

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Mon Jun 6 10:14:29 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-06-05 at 20:42 -0400, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of building a mail server and considering CentOS,
> fedora, or RHEL. If I chose the RHEL option, I would probably choose
> the minimal support level.
>
> This server will be performing basic mail functions, including
> postfix, dovecot, spamassassin, and webmail/squirrelmail. It will be a
> moderately active server, delivering as many as 80k emails per day.

I do this already and use Fedora, to include now Fedora 15.  And I just
upgrade using yum (although it was probably 12 or 13 that I did a fresh
install lately and upgraded from there) and it just works for most part.
I run sendmail instead of postfix and don't use spamassassin (I use
bogofilter on client side), but do use squirrelmail.

So unless doing anything crazy out of that, Fedora should just work.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best town on Earth!"