CJK Extension B Chinese fonts for Firefox

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Mon Jun 6 14:08:29 UTC 2011

On 06/06/2011 09:11 PM, 张启德(Zhang Qide) wrote:
> 2011/6/6 Piscium<groknok at gmail.com>:
>> The link below [1] points to a page that tests the display of Chinese
>> characters.
>>
>> With Firefox on Fedora 14 I can display correctly Traditional Chinese,
>> Simplified Chinese, and CJK Extension A characters, however of the 4
>> CJK Extension B characters only one is displayed correctly. The
>> character encoding is set as Unicode UTF-8 (I have not changed this).
> I have the similar problem. It seems that some characters in "CJK Extension B"
> is still not included in main fonts.(WenQuanYi xxx or AR PL xxx)
> see http://wenq.org
>
>> Does anybody know how I can fix this? I do have the "Chinese Support"
>> group installed (I think it is installed by default).
As well as the missing characters, there are still a lot of places where
something readable is shown, but it looks really ugly. Typically a mix
of fonts are being used. For example, on my FC14 box 张启德 displays
badly, because the 张 is obviously from a different character set.
Oddly, it not only looks different, but is also considerably smaller
than 启德.

Steve