Real benefits of RHEL over Fedora?

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 14:10:16 UTC 2011

On 06/05/2011 10:59 PM, JD wrote:
> I thought that the license of OpenSource distributio
> does not allow it to be bundled with closes proprietary
> software. So, does RHEL contain such proprietary SW?

RHEL is 100% open source (based on the OSI definition).  Red Hat does
make some non-OSS software available to its customers through Red Hat
Network "child channels", but those packages are not part of the core
distribution.

(Note that this is not necessarily true of every distribution out
there.)

CentOS and other derivative distributions have to remove Red Hat logos,
etc., from their distributions because of Red Hat trademarks, not the
license of the software.