CJK Extension B Chinese fonts for Firefox

Piscium groknok at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 14:21:37 UTC 2011

On 6 June 2011 15:08, Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org> wrote:

> As well as the missing characters, there are still a lot of places where
> something readable is shown, but it looks really ugly. Typically a mix
> of fonts are being used. For example, on my FC14 box 张启德 displays
> badly, because the 张 is obviously from a different character set.
> Oddly, it not only looks different, but is also considerably smaller
> than 启德.

Yes, I also noticed that the fonts display differently.

After I installed Han Nom it appeared to me that it looked crisper
than hanazono-fonts, so I uninstalled the latter (though I don't know
what character sets they cover so it is good to know about
hanazono-fonts as I may need them some day to display Japanese
characters).

On my PC the first character of the sequence 张启德 does indeed look less
nice and from a different font than the other two, though they are all
of the same size, even at different font sizes all the way to 72
points.