Not enough info, so no point

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 6 19:15:36 UTC 2011

On 31/05/11 18:24, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
> For my PC
>
> Fedora 15 update fails
>
> Fedora 15 install CD fails to boot
>
> Fedora 15 Live KDE fails to boot
>
> All fail to finish initialising hardware.
>
> smolt page :
> http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_4917245b-ea15-44b1-ae4d-788c70a5a3d9
>
> Result : I shall not be updating to Fedora 15 any time soon
>
> I provide this information reluctantly based on my previous experience
> posting to this community, which laughingly suggests it provides
> assistance, encouragement, and advice.

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help.

But a google search of the SCSI card I have installed has found that
other distributions also fail to boot, and it appears to be a problem
with the Advansys kernel driver. So I'm confident that if I remove the
SCSI card the problem will resolve itself. Naturally when I eventually
try this I will post the results.