F15 - Video problems [SEMI-SOLVED]

john wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 7 03:10:21 UTC 2011

I finally found the source of my video problems with F15.

My 1680x1050 monitor was hooked to a Belkin KVM. Somehow, this ended up
making the system think I had 2 displays, a 1680x1050 and a 1280x1024
(no, these is no 1280x1024 monitor, I assume the KVM is braindead). Of
course, KMS used the wrong display info. I discovered this by running
xrandr with no arguments.

After removing the KVM (which I don't actually need), the video is fine.
If I needed the KVM, well that would be a problem.

I hope this helps someone.

Regards,

John