Does kaffeine work for DVB?

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Tue Jun 7 07:57:05 UTC 2011

On 06/07/2011 09:42 AM, Roberto Ragusa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there anyone having success with Kaffeine for DVB-T
> or DVB-S?
>
> On a freshly installed F14 (+rpmfusion stuff) all the
> tuning part works, you can select a channel, see the
> name of the show on the display and listen some instants
> of audio. No video and the console logs a message:
>
> kaffeine-xbu - Segmentation fault
>
> It all points to something wrong in interfacing with
> the MPEG codec. Forums have people complaining but no
> solution.

Hi Roberto,

I'm running kaffeine-1.1-2.fc15.x86_64 for DVB-T (in Germany),
using "AVerTV Volar Black HD" from AVerMedia (connected via USB).

In the early beginning phase of F15 I had problems with this stick (no
video), but now after F15 is officially released, all runs flawlessly.

Kind regards

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes