F15 live won't boot?

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 19:41:52 UTC 2011

On 06/07/2011 01:32 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 06/07/2011 03:31 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:
>> On 06/07/2011 02:50 PM, Alan Evans wrote:
>>> Dropping to debug shell.
>>> sh: can't access tty: job control turned off
>>  Sadly F15 is a bit of a pile of warm poop - you'll probably need to
>> udpate dracut to get this to work ... see if that helps.
>  If you cannot for some reason build a new F15 Live - then there are
> some work arounds here that may help:
>
>  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F15_bugs#Live_USB_overlay_.28persistent_storage.29_not_mounted_on_boot
It isn't just F15 live. F15 net install and F15 complete DVD will not
boot in libvirt/kemu. At least for me. I have re-verified sha256sum
hashes, good but no boot. The DVD locks on uncompressing the initramfs.
I am not sure about the net-install as I don't have time to watch it
boot right now. It would be good if we could get new images if they can
be fixed.

Trever
--
"Noise proves nothing. Often a hen who has merely laid an egg cackles as
if she laid an asteroid." -- Mark Twain