Help with network

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 23:08:58 UTC 2011

On 06/07/2011 01:46 PM, Eric Tanguy wrote:
> So it seems that the configuration i made with system-config-firewall is
> not here ?

Exactly.  I don't see anything related to tcp/5900 and udp/5900 there.
Actually the proper command to show all the details would have been:
iptables -L -n -v     The third "ACCEPT" there (within the INPUT chain)
would make one believe it will allow everything but that's probably the
line related to the loopback interface.  Check with the -v option.

I suggest you stop the firewall for a moment while doing your test. That
way you'll know for sure if it's the firewall that stopping you (and not
any network related service like xinetd etc).

--
Jorge