SSL connections to fedoraproject.org sites failing over IPv6

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Jun 8 14:31:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 09:08:44 -0500
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net> wrote:

> Once upon a time, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> said:
> > There was a short issue with httpd last night. Perhaps this was in
> > that window? (It was 10min or so at around ~03:00-03:10UTC).
>
> I saw issues for more than just 10 minutes; I had errors for about an
> hour about 01:20-02:20 UTC.  SSL connections would fail with an SSL
> error, and non-SSL connections just got nothing (an empty directory
> root).

Strange. ;( Our monitoring wasn't showing issues then that I can see.

If you spot this happening again, can you file a ticket on
infrastructure:

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/newtplticket

and/or drop in #fedora-admin on irc.freenode.net and report it?

We can figure out whats going on... very odd.

kevin