F15: Dual Monitors with Gnome 3

Steven F. LeBrun steven at lebruns.com
Wed Jun 8 16:58:15 UTC 2011

Does Gnome 3 support dual monitors?

Since upgrading (clean install) to Fedora 15 and to Gnome 3, my second
monitor is not showing up in the System Settings -> Displays dialog.
Clicking on the Detect Displays does not find the second monitor.

The second monitor is connected via HDMI cable and does have the flash
screen from when the system boots and before Gnome 3 kicks in.

Any suggestions or help on getting my second monitor running would be
appreciated.

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15R, second monitor an Acer 24" 1920x1080 (same
resolution as laptop screen).