Fedora 15 INFECTED [Suckit rootkit & Trojan] Help Please!

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 09:22:07 UTC 2011

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011 03:58:21 -0500, ME wrote:

> Hi, Some days ago, I noticed a BIG DECREASE of the performance
> in my Fedora 15 System (64 Bits, KDE encrypted BTRFS partitions)
> and, as part of my maintenance plan, I ran a rootkit search, because
> it was awful! reeeeally slow...
>
> My Surprise was, I'm ACTUALLY infected with the "Suckit rootkit"
> and god knows what else... For Now, I will run a Virus Search with
> Avast! free in Fedora, but I was hoping somebody tell me what to
> do in this situations, and why that happened, also I want to know
> what the suckit rootkit does and if I have more problems, here's
> the output of chkrootkit:
>
> http://pastebin.com/qqFT2QuH

Please don't jump to conclusions.
How about reading the chkrootkit documentation files first?
Especially the one added by Fedora.

The warning about /sbin/init is a false positive:
http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/chkrootkit

The other one may need further investigation, but as chkrootkit is just an
old shell script that isn't 100%, it could be a false positive, too. It's
meant to help you, not to take over all of the work.