Fedora 15 with Acer Aspire

Kalpa Welivitigoda callkalpa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 11:16:58 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/6/9 Kalpa Welivitigoda <callkalpa at gmail.com>:
>> Today I installed Fedora 15 on my Acer Aspire 4736g laptop. It was a
>> fresh install. Now my screen seems a bit stretched and the font is
>> also not that clear. I couldn't get GNOME 3 running, it is the fail
>> safe mode. Any help to solved these two issues,
>>
>> 1) Screen stretched
>> 2) Get GNOME 3 running
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Kalpa Pathum Welivitigoda
>> http://about.me/callkalpa
>> --
>>

> what do you get with nomodeset option at boot time???

"nomodeset" was already there as a kernel argument.

When I tried to install Fedora it said that it is booting from the cd
and then the screen went blank. The test media and wizard was almost
invisible. Then I managed to install with basic video settings.

I tried to boot without nomodeset, again the screen went blank.

I suspect that the brightness of the screen is set to a lower level in
normal mode (without nomodeset)

> --
> Antonio Montagnani
> Skype : amontag52