Fedora 15 with Acer Aspire

Kalpa Welivitigoda callkalpa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 11:32:59 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 4:52 PM, antonio.montagnani at alice.it
<antonio.montagnani at alice.it> wrote:

> [...]

Yes I did. It installed a new kernel and that also has nomodeset by
default (I installed Fedora 15 with basic video settings, this might
cause this). Still the issue is there. With nomodeset the screen is
stretched. Without nomodeset the screen is like it is switched off.

> 2) What
> is your graphic card (Intel I suspect)??

Yes it is an Intel one.

> I mean immediately after fresh
> installation, how did it work??

It just booted up and showed the GUI, and it was stretched.

> --

Best Regards,

Kalpa Pathum Welivitigoda
http://about.me/callkalpa