How to make yum history show more than the last 20 transactions?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 11:32:35 UTC 2011

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011 05:45:04 -0500, JP wrote:

> If I do yum history list $id I can list each transaction in yum,
> if I do yum history I get the last 20
>
> How do I list an aleatory number, let say if I have 100 transactions I want
> to see between id 50 and id 60
>
> It doesn't look like it is in the commands....
>
> from man yum:
> history [info|list|packages-list|summary|redo|undo|new|addon-info]

Stomach says such a config option isn't implemented because a use-case is
missing. Recording the last _few_ transactions makes sense, as it can be
helpful when chasing down some problem related to package installs. And 20
looks like a sane default. Recording the last 100 transactions (or more)
sounds questionable. IMO, at least.

Perhaps you can expand on your scenario a bit?