How to make yum history show more than the last 20 transactions?

Javier Perez pepebuho at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 12:08:03 UTC 2011

You are right, and it would be useful if you only need info about when a
given package changed. But Yum history gives you more info than that, for
example if a script failed, what kind of command did you issue to perform
the change, what plugins (presto, fastestmirror,etc.) where present during
the upgrade, etc.

JP

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 6:56 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 05:45 -0500, Javier Perez wrote:
> > If I do yum history list $id I can list each transaction in yum,
> > if I do yum history I get the last 20
> >
> > How do I list an aleatory number, let say if I have 100 transactions I
> want
> > to see between id 50 and id 60
> >
> > It doesn't look like it is in the commands....
> >
> > from man yum:
> > history [info|list|packages-list|summary|redo|undo|new|addon-info]
> >

> Note that /var/log/yum.log contains a record of all package
> installations, deletions and updates, which might be enough for what you
> want (you don't say what you're looking for).
>
> poc
>
> --

 /\_/\
 |O O|  pepebuho at gmail.com