Whither evolution-remove-duplicates? [SOLVED]

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Thu Jun 9 14:03:35 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 00:02 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 23:00 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > I have this odd problem with F15 evolution where, whenever I sync with
> > Send/Receive, my POP3 account at Yahoo! downloads fresh copies of every
> > message in the mailbox.  That seems to be a problem in its own right and
> > I'll file it if it isn't in Bugzilla already, but I'd like to be able to
> > clean out the duplicates.  Evolution used to have a plugin to accomplish
> > that, but I haven't seen it for a couple of releases now.  Does it still
> > exist?
>
> Ask on the Evolution list:

Thanks.  That would seem a reasonable suggestion, except that I found
this from Ankur Sinha, who appears to be a Fedora developer:

        Fedora 15 will see evolution 2.92 which has the
        remove-duplicates in it. Since Fedora 14 will not see the 2.92
        series, I’ve built the plugin for Fedora 14 and created a
        fedorapeople.org repo.

That's at
http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/2011/01/07/evolution-remove-duplicates-for-f14/.  The repo is at http://http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/ankursinha/evolution-remove-duplicates/. That suggests to me that it's a question about Fedora rather than Evolution.

Motivated by the implication, I searched some more, and in fact, it is
built in in F15, under the Message menu.  That seems counterintuitive to
me--I'd have expected it under the Folder menu.  But it's there and it
works.