Flash plugin stalls Firefox in Fedora 15

Christian Kreibich christian at whoop.org
Fri Jun 10 02:26:30 UTC 2011

On 06/09/2011 07:09 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> You'll need Linus's patch to workaround the memcpy bug in the plugin. Search
> the list archives/bugzilla.

Yeah, I used to follow that thread last year, when it was still fun to
watch all the finger-pointing. :(

> The beta plugin most likely has unpatched holes, so it's a bit risky, but as
> long as all you need Flash for is youboob, and other major sites, it should
> be fine.

Thanks Sam for the pointer and quick response. I can't use something
known to have security holes and that I need to patch to be able to
listen to stuff. Is the 32-bit wrapped plugin known to be broken on F15
then? What's the difference to F14, where it worked on the same machine?
Would be great if somebody updated that wiki page, to save others
frustration.

-C.