creating a custom fedora spin

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Fri Jun 10 14:47:49 UTC 2011

On 06/10/2011 09:56 AM, Chris Rouch wrote:
> I want to create a customised fedora install image, with lots of rpms
> left out, lots of 3rd party ones added and some post install

  My suggestion is use mock and pungi - I do this all the time .. I am
creating for example an F14 build for Sandy Bridge - which has newer
kernel, and latest mesa, drm and xorg.

  Details on doing this have been posted a few times ... it works well.

  Follow the usual instructions for building an updated DVD (which
basically inluces the updates repo in addition to the install repo).

  Then add whatever you need to add in a private local repo - make sure
you satisfy all the dependencies in your local repo or it will fail.

  gene/