git patch comments

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Jun 10 16:29:48 UTC 2011

Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> I suspect that you are saving your patches with Windows line endings
> instead of UNIX line endings, so when you import it on linux, they are
> no longer available. Try running dos2unix on the file before importing
> it.

The systems that use git are all running Fedora. The main git repo and
the workstations are all Fedora.

The patches are attached to bugzilla bugs and I download them and apply
them.

I opened the patches (original and a copy of the Bugzilla attachment
version) using a hex editor and both patches are bit-for-bit identical.
They only have a newline (0x0A) at the end of a line.