Flash plugin stalls Firefox in Fedora 15

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 10 18:53:06 UTC 2011

Petrus de Calguarium <pgueckel at ...> writes:

> Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
>
> > Then, I run, as root (not sure if you need to cd
> > /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins, but it can't hurt, just in case):
> >
> > mozilla-plugin-config -i
> >

> I forgot to mention, in case you are copying the tarball by hand into the
> plugin directory... Make sure that ownership is root:root, otherwise the
> command will not work.
>
> After running the command, verify by going to the directory
> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped and you will see a new entry
>
> nswrapper_64_64.libflashplayer.so

What does running this command manually do that restarting the browser
doesn't? I've never had to run mozilla-plugin-config manually. I install
flash-plugin from the repo (either Adobe's 32-bit or Leigh's 64-bit) with the
necessary extra packages from the instructions, then quit and restart the
browser. A little testing shows that the nswrapper_??_??.libflashplayer.so file
is created automatically when the browser is restarted (part of the "check the
plugin" instructions). Running "mozilla-plugin-config -i" creates the file, but
the browser doesn't immediately recognize it, so I have to restart the browser
anyway.