Fedora 15 Network Printer Problems

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Fri Jun 10 20:13:05 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 14:56 -0400, Bill wrote:

> Greg, I had hplip installed, and when I tried the setup command the
> system replied that I needed to install hplip-gui.

That is definitely not what happened when I did it. Try logging in to a
text console where there is no display, and see if hp-setup will work in
command-line mode. Even if it fails, you might get a more useful error
message this way.

Be sure to run it on the host that has the printer connected to it. Then
you may also need to add the printer on the print client host.

--Greg