Adieu, Fedora

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 00:20:39 UTC 2011

On 6/12/11 4:58 PM, inode0 wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Fernando Cassia<fcassia at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 20:14, Ed Greshko<Ed.Greshko at greshko.com>  wrote:
>>> I've recently switched from briefs to boxers.  Somehow I don't think
>>> that is worthy of an announcement either.   :-) :-)
>> Heh what a great alternative way to ay what I replied in another post.
>> "Good riddance, good luck, but most important: who cares?".
>> :)
> The people who create distributions should care. Both about who adopts
> their distribution and why and about who abandons it and why.
John:

Read my lengthy post.  Most, if not all, Linux distributions are FREE.
If I abandon a distribution because they adopted a desktop that will
bring in 100 for 1, I really am not going to care why you left.  If it
were more like 2 to 1 or 4 to 1, I might.  The goal is to capture folks
who are tired of the claptrap and garbage from our competitors.  We need
to make Linux as easy, if not easier to use than the other 'junk' out
there.  That is the goal of the two major desktop projects.  I for one
applaud their efforts.  Remember they have to work around legal
requirements that we don't have to deal with.  One day, I will install
CentOS 6 on one of the Macs that I have here and then continue
computing, which is what I like doing.

James McKenzie