Adieu, Fedora

David dgboles at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 02:37:26 UTC 2011

On 6/12/2011 10:22 PM, John Aldrich wrote:
> On Sun June 12 2011, David wrote:
>> On 6/12/2011 8:48 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:

>>> When you run Windows for the first time, annoying tutorials badger
>>> you incessantly about learning how to use the Windows interface
>>> and/or adapting to changes made in the new version of Windows.
>>
>> FUD
>>
> I disagree. He makes a very valid point. New installs of Windows always
> come up with a tutorial and "helper" app. I have never seen anything like
> that on Linux. It's as if the developers are too busy with programming the
> next iteration of their favorite app to be bothered with documentation, and
> NO ONE has yet come up with a grand-unified "help" document (trust me "man
> $appname" doesn't always work...)

Really? Seriously?

What "New installs of Windows" of Windows are you referring to? None
that I have seen do this. Version numbers of Windows? Dates of install?
I can't think of any.

What ""helper" app"s are you referring to here? Applications names?
Version numbers of those applications? Again none that I have seen do
this. Other than 'Mr Clippy' from Microsoft Office that is. And he went
away some time ago.

Still FUD without this missing information that you refer to here.
--

  David