Adieu, Fedora

nomnex nomnex at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 05:23:58 UTC 2011

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 19:26:47 -0700
James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com> wrote:

> are trying to copy the functionality of MacOSX Aqua.  It is simple
> and basically hides most functions most users will never want to
> touch and in most cases, should not touch.

You seems passionate making your point here. I recommend an article
which stress a fundamental difference between Linux/Win-Mac users.

http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/151672/

The OP was simply stating "I can do with on level less of noise (DE)".
Why are you trying to discredit him?

You are indeed more experienced with computer (and older) than I am. But
I don't like your perspective. I do think the major problem new Linux
users may face are hardware compatibly, and software packages, because
it is often out of their hands. This is nothing about laziness, or
unwillingness to RT(F)M. "Tour guides"?!? That's for kids and the old
folk.

--
nomnex <nomnex at gmail.com>