Adieu, Fedora

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Jun 13 06:38:12 UTC 2011

On 06/12/2011 05:07 PM, James McKenzie wrote:
> he decision has been made, for
> us by others, that the desktop will move into the 21st Century.

I would rather say that certain people have decided what the desktop of
the 21st Century will be and have also decided that the rest of us will
have no choice but to go along with them.  Who knows; they may be right,
but if so, I'll stick with the desktop of the Second Millennium, TYVM,
and if that means no longer using Gnome, then that's what I'll do.
However, I do hope that all of you who continue with Gnome are happy
with it because, as has been pointed out many times, Linux is all about
choice, and there's room for many different ways of doing things.