software time lock and web access control

Javier Perez pepebuho at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 12:21:46 UTC 2011

Hi
Is there any easy to use and setup program to control web access for a user?
also to set time of day allowed usage of certain programs?
This for a home computer using Fedora 14.

I know maybe a combintion of IPTABLES and probably SQUID should do the
trick, but

1. I want something easy to use and modify, not something that would force
me to open the gusts of the system up.
2. Likewise, I am not sure if I can block stuff on a user basis with
IPTABLES and SQUID. As Far as I have read, whatever configuration I set up
with them, will work the same for ALL Users.

So far I just started studying this issue an I am just beginning my
research, I just want to be pointed at on the right direction.

In the end I know once kids learn enough they will be able to bypass all
these walls, but I will deal with it when I reach that level...

--
 /\_/\
 |O O|  pepebuho at gmail.com
 ~~~~     Javier Perez