Adieu, Fedora

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 13:25:20 UTC 2011

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 07:36:20 -0500
Dave Ihnat wrote:

> And users crave that comfortable
> familiarity; when trying something new, abnormal behavior will strike
> hardest, and frustration with what should be simple tasks will cost much
> more.

This problem extends even to phones :-). It was several weeks before
I discovered "long press" on my first (android) smart phone. Apparently
everyone "just knows" that long press is the equivalent on a touch
screen of right click with a mouse. There was a tutorial app on
the phone, but the only thing it talked about was the onscreen
keyboard.